Customer Care Manager – National Housing Trust
Donnetta Russell is a public speaker, customer care professional and trainer. She is currently
the Customer Care Manager at the National Housing Trust (NHT), a position she has held since
2006. She also served as president of the Jamaica Customer Service Association for two terms,
from 2010- 2014.
She has co-designed and delivered highly practical, organization specific workshops to improve
the overall level of service delivery and has guided the implementation of the NHT’s customer-
centred business model.
Under her watch the NHT has consistently received national recognition for its service delivery
within the public sector. These awards include:
- 2008/2009 – Cabinet Secretary’s Award for Customer Service Improvements
- 2010/2011 – Prime Minister’s Award for Best Customer Service Entity
- 2012/2013 – Prime Minister’s Award for Best Customer Service Entity
- 2014/2015 – First Runner-Up, Best Customer Service Entity
Miss Russell has also received personal recognition in her field, having received awards for her
leadership in the national customer service programme. She also functions as a resource agent,
sharing customer service best practices with agencies across the sector.
Miss Russell is a graduate of the Queen’s School in Kingston, and the University of the West
Indies, Mona.She holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Social Work, a Masters Degree in
Human Resource Development and a Post-Graduate Diploma in Education.She has also
completed short courses in Instructional Systems Design, Human Resource Management, Call
Centre Management, Project Evaluation and she is a certified Customer Service Professional.
Other areas of involvement:
- A member of the Jamaica Red Cross Society for over 16 years.
- A member of the Human Resource Management Association of Jamaica and was named the 2008 Member of the Year for that organization.
- A past president of the Visionaries Toastmasters Club
- An active member of the Boulevard United Church